Together we WILL make a difference

Together we WILL make a difference

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Amazing Things


When amazing things happen, people take notice. What we as autism parents learn is that everything has the potential to be truly amazing. I mean who knew that saying "hi", making eye contact, or trying a new food would be considered miracles?

During this month of Autism Awareness I hope that we take the opportunity to tell the world that while we work our butts off (funny mine still seems ample and healthy) helping our kids, we are grateful for the lessons and the miracles that autism brings. There are countless things I would have journeyed through life and completely taken for granted had autism not commanded my attention. For those wonderful lessons I thank Bren. He is a tremendous teacher and example.

On that same note of amazing things, I am sure you have seen the video Chris made for the Strike Out Autism Game. If you haven't...then you must. It is, simply put, perfect. He, again, did a wonderful job. Pass along the link to family and friends.

Thank you Chris!

No comments: